Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vodka, водка, горілка, wódka

Hmm so this is a strange blog but here it goes...

Musings and I are refined in our love of the old vodka (see Czech and Ukrainian version in title not to mention the divine 'mother-tongue' of vodka itself) well anyway in an evening in with my parents (we're looking at homely, kind people, catholic, nothing extreme) well anyway I got bored, not in a horrible way I hope but well... it was lovely, we had a roast,(delicious) and watched a movie (Appointment with Death, love that film but have seen it a million times) and well my mother majorly disapproved of how I was drinking, now I know what you're thinking... I was drinking my weight in alcohol, or I was absolutely bahluuubahs.

Nope, nothing like that. It was, in fact, an ordinary night in the Irish parents. So I texted my good friend musings. I was so aware that if I was anywhere else I'd open another bottle but as it was, and with respect to my parents that was never (NEVER) going to happen...(catholic, very holly upstanding people) Anyway Musings and I texted about the modern complications of the economic crisis in relation to our lives etc. etc.

The result was a wonderful epiphany (what good is an epiphany if I don't begin to tell about it with a meaningless story???). My life would not be the same, would not have taken the wonderful path it had taken if it wasn't for alchmohol... yes, I spelt that correctly!

Once when we were out west, where we met, it was the nicest place, rainy, miserable, awful, its funny but I guess the memories are nothing to do with how great a place is in your memory. Vodka's great for that kind of thing! Well musings and I were out west and we have this whole life of craziness that we had out there, and it reached a moment that we realized we had to walk away. I mean we were... fun loving... anyway it turns out that Musings met someone from our past... we all have them, that kind of person you dread meeting. The kind of person who is so much more refined and kind, intelligent and well meaning and you think shit I better not see then ever again, it would be awful, they'll remember every moment... all those things I like to forget/have to forget...

Well musings met our person... and what did she do???

Declared her undying love for Musings! Yup, she told her she loved her, I like to think that we showed her how good life could be..., I mean there are the people that obey the rules and the people that drink a bottle of vodka and then try to interpret the rules...

each to his/her own... though I know which path I'm traveling!

1 comment: