Monday, February 21, 2011

Pense & Pensitivity.........

Spending quite some amount of time of public transport these days, I tend to have become increasingly pensive.......this is not helped by the fact that I have a selection of rather depressing tunes on my ipod........

So, my last trip up on the train I became once again quite pensive. And I thought about how my life had turned out, and how different it has actually turned out from the life I thought I would have by now. I thought back to my nine year old self, hating the world, thinking everybody was against me, being dramatic........and I began to think what my nine year old self would think......at the time I was sipping a cappucino, whilst munching on a granola bar on a train to my Law job in the Capital...... I very much doubt that as a nine year old I had heard of the words cappucino or granola, so I would imagine that my nine year old self would be impressed.....even at a young age I had high illusions of grandour......

Also I thought back on my week, which had been exceptionally eventful.
To start off the week there was Vagentine's Day, which would be an amazing start to any week! It also involved me drinking waaaaaaaay too much wine with my comrade reflections, staying up waaaaaaaaay too late and eating crap......best.Vagintine's.day.ever.......though this also meant that Tuesday was spent trying not to puke at work and avoiding the urge to fall asleep at my desk. This also meant that I was in bed by 8:30 Tuesday night.

Then when I thought things couldnt get any crazier, I got asked out on a date, by a real person, not just a figment of my imagination, a real live boy...............and not just a boy that was pissed as a fart, trying to grope me or lob the gob(not that there isnt anything wrong with that, some of my finest romantic moments have involved these elements)but someone who was sober, who saw me in my work clothes and not my usual PVC catsuit that I wear out at the weekend.........

And then to satisfy myself and reflection's thirst for culture we went to an awesome play on Thursday night, God of Carnage. It had one of the best puking scenes since Team America......for me, nothing says culture more than puke.
And to top it off we pooled our cents together and went for wine, which led to a very blurry walk home for me as wine plus the fact that I need to get my eyes tested does a blurry walk make.

I wish every week could be Vagentine's week......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment