Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Very London Day

Today has been a very London day. This may sound weird but it is everything that a London day should be (so far, it's only 16.30). I started the day by getting on the tube, and zipping off to the gallery to collect some work. Work I'll do at some point over the weekend. You know, no matter how sunny it is, you still have to do work.This is in Mayfair, which is posh and pretty. And then I met up with Nikki at Oxford Circus. She's just moved over. So it' was great chatting with a friend in a nice cafe, escaping the heat. Can't handle the sunshine. I then jetted over (by tube again) to the Water Poet so that we could do a tiny tech and make sure we're ready for the show on Wednesday. Getting into Liverpool Street Station the doors were blocked and there were Cops/Guards/Pigs/Muccanna/Police EVERYWHERE. So I walked all over the shop just to get to the Water Poet. There was tear gas and rioting, something to do with the BNPs I heard (essentially skin heads that are under a political banner). So I got to the Water Poet, got more work done and then Hen and I decided we should put up posters around Brick Lane. Brick Lane is is artsy bo-ho London. Filled with vintage stores, tattoo parlours and street stalls. We got Pina Coladas that were out of this world, made from scratch and turned out to be virgin, it may have been the nicest pina colada I've ever had but it was missing a vital ingredient... Anyway Hen and I wandered around this street, every now and again putting up a poster for "Play @ the Water Poet". Now we're at a Cafe, around some hipsters, currently sitting with a lit up globe on my right, Hen on my left (as in Henry not chicken) and a lamp made out of paper cups offering the lighting. I guess later I'll put up more posters and then try and think of other London things to do. I've been to the theatre twice this week, so I mean I don't feel an obligation to see a show. Maybe watch a film at home and try Stella Artois Cidre, I've a bottle in my fridge, awaiting the moment I need it the most.
...
Ok fine I've had wine so I haven't needed the cidre (it's not cider it's cidre, apparently). Well tonights the night, unless of course I have a trip home via the offy.

What else is a London thing to do? Let me know. I have days to fill here!

No comments:

Post a Comment