Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Taking a turn

So the great thing about having a blog that no one reads, is that I can at least vent to the world without having to worry. Mum had a stroke. It's so fucked up and I'm trying to get my head around it. they're in Australia. I know she's fine and it's all going to be grand. Insurance seems to be sorted. At least it's a country with good health care. At least it's a country with family. Dad and Emer are in a house rather than in some hotel. I'm trying to focus on the positives but it's soooo fucked up. I keep thinking about both my grannies. Granny Meade being in a bed unable to talk or move one side of her body for 9 years. And Granny Gavin, having physical and mental dementia where she'd think she was drinking tea or smoking, unaware that she wasn't. I know that it's fine. That Mum hasn't got any side effects and that they're keeping her in to find out what caused it. I'm presuming that means that they'll be able to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again. But it's shit. It's so shit and really scary. And I think that the more time I have to think about it, the worse it becomes.

I guess it's all just getting older. For me and for everyone in the Meade household. Neverland has never looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment