Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Canadia Land

Well it feels like forever since I posted. But basically here's the lowdown on the life of reflections.
I went to London and worked on a workshop for a really brilliant play. THe actors were amazing and it was really a lovely experience. I was all happy and the day after this ended I went off to Toronto to work on the play I've worked on for nearly 2 years. I got to Toronto to be told there are some major problems with the show and then the next day received a text to say that the show was cancelled... yeah.
So now I'm in Canada with time on my hands. I've been filling my days with well internet and doing things I've never done before... this is like ummm driving on the wrong side of the road. Driving automatic, it's easy but a little unnerving and my left foot has never felt less loved. I saw a moose crossing sign a real one it was on the way to North Bay, another thing I did, going to North Bay. I made souffle from scratch. And I played bingo and won $14 which was great cos I got to shout "BINGO!" admittedly I wasn't the only person, ergo the $14. I ate at Swiss Chalet, it was lovely, I wasn't wild about the sauce I heard so much about but you know the rest was nommmm sooo yummy! I bottled wine, that was fun and educational. I went to the fresh water spring and gathered water (this was for making wine). I bought a mac not sure what I'm supposed to do with the two free stickers of the apple symbol... It is so lovely and I'm typing on it right now. I went into the Canadian Shield... no not some computer game but a giant formation of rock that was cool and imposing and surrounded the car on the way to and from North bay (by the by if you like sushi the best I've ever had was in North Bay, holy moly the tempura in the dynamite roll was still crispy, it was to die for).
Needless to say, I've been drinking lots of wine, and vodka, vodka courtesy of duty free at O'Hare airport and wine courtesy of the fabulous Carrolls, who make their own, ergo I bottled...
And well now I'm off to take a walk through the lovely town of Uxbridge to buy a notepad/copy to write on, then I'll do some writing and then figure out something new to do today.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Those bloody stickers are one of the great mysteries of the world I have never yet seen one in the wild...
    Bottling wine sounds ultra fun, was it one for the bottle, one for you? Because that would make it even funner. I have no suggestions apart from keep up the good work! And write some good shiz for me to edit. x

    Also, I'm wearing a ribbon in my hair. Experimentation, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suggest that we need to find out why daly is wearing a ribbon in her hair......
    also,love when i log on and am not expecting a blog post and then there's a post,yay!
    i also suggest travelling around as much of canada as u can afford,and writing aboot it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was checking proofs today and my stupid, overlong fringe was getting in the way...I had ribbon at my desk from a birthday present in september and voila...

    ReplyDelete